- Online Cosmetology School Ohio
Cosmetologists provide a range of beauty services such as hairstyling, haircutting and coloring. All states require cosmetologists to be licensed if they want to practice. If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the beauty industry, then you might want to consider enrolling in one of these cosmetology schools, which will help you prepare for the license exam.
Featured Programs and Schools
Online Cosmetology School Ohio
Ohio is known for having some of the finest cosmetology academies that offer the best beauty education courses to students. Details of some of the top ranked Cosmetology Schools in Ohio are mentioned below.
- Aveda Institute
The Aveda Institute provides three career paths to students: Cosmetology, Skin Care/Esthiology and Massage Therapy.
- Cosmetology program: The Cosmetology School offers a cosmetology program that includes modules such as retail knowledge, business development, makeup application, nail care, texture services and hair cutting. After obtaining the Aveda Institute Cosmetology license, individuals can start their careers as artistic directors, fashion show stylists, makeup artists, personal stylists and salon stylists.
- Skin Care/Esthiology Program: The Esthetician School offers an Esthiology/skin care program that teaches students the signature Aveda techniques for skin care procedures, makeup application, waxing, body treatments and facials.
- Massage Therapy Program: This program teaches students the ancient Indian healing art and Ayurveda principles. Students are taught retail and wellness knowledge, business development, reflexology massage and Swedish massage. After completing this program, students can work in fitness centers, nursing homes, shopping malls and chiropractic offices.
- Elite School of Cosmetology
The Elite School of Cosmetology offers the following programs:
- Cosmetology program: This is a full time program that takes 40 weeks to complete. It incorporates modules like Salon Management, Cosmetology Regulations, Skin Care, Nail Enhancement, Pedicuring, Manicuring, Chemical Services, Braiding, Haircutting, Hair Styling, Scalp Care and Sanitation.
- Advanced Cosmetology Program:This is a 60 week long full time course offered only at the Ohio campuses. This program includes modules like Public and Health Safety, Public Relations, Bookkeeping and Payroll, Skin Care, Haircutting & Styling etc.
- Advanced Esthetics Program:This program is 25 weeks long and is offered only at the Ohio campuses. The topics taught incorporate Makeup Application, Massage Treatments, Exfoliating Treatments and Skin Analysis.
- Advanced Manicuring Program: This is a full time program that takes 15 weeks to complete and is offered only at the Ohio campuses. Students are trained in Sales Management, Artificial Enhancements, Pedicuring and Manicuring.
- Moler Beauty Academy
The Moler Beauty Academy offers a number of programs that help students prepare for the state license exams. In addition to the regular classes, the school also invites guest speakers from leading brands like Redken and TIGI to ensure that students stay updated with the industry trends. Some of the programs offered by Moler are mentioned below:
- Cosmetology program: This program requires 1,500 hours to complete. Both part time and full time classes are offered by the Academy. The program covers the following courses: Facials, Wig Making, Weaves, Extensions, Braiding, Hairstyling, Perming, Color Corrections, Highlights, Coloring and Hair Cutting.
- Esthetics Program: This course requires 600 hours to complete. It gives the students a chance to learn a number of services like Eyelash & Eyebrow Tinting, Body Wraps, Stone Massages, Threading, Eyelash Extensions, Waxing, Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels and much more.
- Manicuring Program: This course requires 200 hours to complete and covers topics like Arm & Hand Massages, Artificial & Sculptured Nails, Proper Sanitation, Nail Enhancements, Pedicures and Manicures.
These schools can give the start you need to become a certified cosmetologist. So wait no more and apply at one of these Cosmetology Schools in Ohio.