- Cosmetology Schools In Florida Colleges
Beauty professionals who offer personal care services are called cosmetologists. These professionals include skin care specialists, estheticians, barbers and stylists.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job opportunities for cosmetologists, hairstylists and barbers are expected to grow by 13% between 2016 and 2026. In order to cater to the growing beauty needs, a number of cosmetology schools have opened up in Florida. These schools offer specialized training and courses.
Featured Programs and Schools
Cosmetology Schools In Florida Colleges
If you are planning to step into the $60 billion cosmetology industry, then you might want to take a look at these Cosmetology Schools in Florida.
- Cozmo Beauty School
This school offers both part time and full time cosmetology classes. The full time schedule is 10 months long, whereas the part time schedule is 14 months long. The program consists of 1,200 hours and includes modules such as Makeup, Pedicuring & Manicuring, Facials, Shampooing, Highlighting, Perming, Hair Cutting & Styling and Hair Coloring.
Cozmo Beauty School also offers a wide variety of advanced workshops such as professional makeup classes, eyelash extension classes, microblading courses etc. These workshops give an opportunity to students to work on real models. Cozmo also invites guest speakers, industry leaders and professional makeup artists to keep their students updated with the industry trends.
- Kaizen Beauty Academy
The academy offers both part time and full time cosmetology classes. The duration of the cosmetology program is between 10 to 14 months. The main aim of the program is to prepare candidates for the State Licensing Exam. The students are awarded a diploma after they have completed the required courses and credit hours. The course includes a wide range of modules such as Nail Care, Skin Care, Hair Coloring, Hair Styling, Shampooing and Rinses, Scalp Treatments, Chemical Waving & Straightening & Relaxing, Disinfection, Sanitation and Florida Laws, etc.
- Boca Beauty Academy
The Boca Beauty Academy has been operating a premier cosmetology institute in Florida for almost three decades. This wellness and beauty school offers a number of diploma programs; students can obtain diplomas in Massage Therapy, Skin Care & Makeup, Master Hair Design, Cosmetology, Barbering and Electrolysis etc. This vocational institute is affiliated with the National Cosmetology Association, the American Association for Cosmetology Schools and the American Massage Therapy Association.
- Beauty School of America
Its first campus was opened in 1989 in Florida. The school offers programs that are based on the latest industry approaches, state of the art technology and practical techniques. The following courses are offered by the school:
- Cosmetology program: It comprises of 1200 clock hours and is offered at the Homestead and Hialeah campuses. Some of the modules taught in this program include Chemical Texture Services, Haircuting, Extension & Wigs, Hair Design and Hair Styling.
- The barber program:It is a 10 month course and consists of 1,200 clock hours. Some of the modules in this program include Men’s Haircutting & Styling, Facial Hair Design & Shaving, Chemical Texture Services and Hair Coloring etc.
- Spa therapy: This is an 8 month long program and comprises of 1,054 clock hours. Some of the modules offered include Hair Removal, Skin Theory, Sanitation and Facial Techniques.
- Other programs include Electrolysis, Salon Management and Massage Therapy.
So go ahead and pick one of these accredited Cosmetology schools in Florida and pursue your career in cosmetology.